Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Caterpillar And The Butterfly

-Enid Blyton

A caterpillar green and fat
Upon a juicy cabbage sat,
Eating all day through;
And when a dazzling butterfly,
Creamy-white, came sailing by,
They both said, "How d'ye do?"

"I hope you like my powdered wings,
They're just the very latest things,"
Said Butterfly, in glee.
"And see my tongue, so long and curled,
The finest one in all the world,
A treat for you to see."

"Poor caterpillar! You can't sip
The nectar from a flower's lip,
Nor fly the summer through!"

The caterpillar raised his head,
"Don;t pity me!" he rudely said,
"I'm better off than you!"

"I eat all day, I sit and stare,
I want no flying through the air,
I like to creep and crawl.
A butterfly I'd hate to be,
It's best to be a grub like me,
A caterpillar small!"

Then all the elves who listened near
Laughed like anything to hear
The quarrel 'twixt the two'
But neither the grub nor butterfly
Could ever guess, the reason why-
I know it though! Do you?

8 comments:

  1. can anyone give me the summary and explanation for this poem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caterpillar and butterfly r fighting but a caterpillar turns into a butterfly

      Delete
    2. Every little child admire an adult may be mother or a teacher or father ,big brother celibrity but have no idea he or she will also become one

      Delete
  2. awesome Poem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the poem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@##############

    ReplyDelete

A Homeless Night